The Tiger and the Traveler

Once upon a time, there was an old Tiger that could no longer hunt. One winter morning, he stood in a lake and held a edge of holy grass in one paw and a gold bracelet in the other. He was shouting, “Ladies and Gentlemen! Please help me and I will gift you this gold bracelet.”
Nobody was listened his shout. At that time a Traveler was passing by and he liked the gold bracelet. However, he was scared of the Tiger.

The tiger shout for help to the Traveler. The Traveler said, “How can I believe that you would not harm me?”

The Tiger replied, “I admit that when I was young, I was wicked and killed many cows and human beings when I was young, now I became old. My teeth and claws have fallen off. Then a holy man advised me to give offerings gold. So, now I take a bath and give things for the sake of donation. So, what have you to fear from me?” The Traveler believed him and went into the lake, but got struck in the deep mud.

When the Tiger saw this, he shouted at him. “Oh! Don’t worry. I’ll help you,” he said, and slowly walked towards the Traveler and grabbed him with his paws.
Soon after that, the Tiger killed the Traveler and ate him up.

Morals for children: You must not risk your life at the cost of greed. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment